Learning to set up your profile is the first step to becoming involved in your community. Your user profile provides other members with an easy way to learn about your experience, skills, and interests. Your profile shows up in search results when other members search for keywords contained in your profile. You can always update your information at any time.
To set up your profile:
- Click the picture avatar icon.
- Click the edit profile link.
- Update your picture and avatar - click save
- Click the Your Profile tab to access your profile fields.
- Fill in as much profile information as you like. All required fields (marked) will need to be filled in before you can save the profile. Note that your profile will be found when people search, so if you have professional roles or interests that would be useful for others to know, be sure to include them. Your community manager may set up certain fields for you, such as your username, and you may not be able to edit them. Click save.
- Under Privacy tab, adjust according to your preferences - click save